Twice the speed of light
[html]

Oak had done just the opposite of his brother, remaining within the confines of what felt comfortable. Though the pull to fly free was stronger than he had ever felt it, he was not yet ready to venture on his own path. He knew that he was needed here, that Crimson Dreams needed as much support as it could get in its time of hardship. How he could possibly be of any real use, he did not know. But he would stay, until he and his family were ready for him to leave.

He was glad to see Alder smile at the words he had given him, and his eyes flashed briefly with true unspoken admiration and pride. Oak had not been given the chance to congratulate his brother until now, to pass on his own encouragement for whatever it was worth. He was far beyond the envy he had once felt. Alder spoke again, this time with thoughtfulness, and Oak felt the gentle urge for patience. He wondered if his brother had mistaken that Oak meant to come and stay, which was not his intention. Great — just for a visit, he added, just in case. I would not leave Mother in the middle of this. A moment of silence followed and he longed to confide. Slowly the words slipped away, softly and hestitantly. I hope I can help them.

<style type="text/css">

.oak09a b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5a951; letter-spacing:1px; }
.oak09a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#251d1e; text-align:center;}
.oak09a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.oak09a {margin:0 auto; width:375px; background-color:#513f40; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oak09a.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f7e4cc; padding: 0px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#251d1e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.oak09a-border1 {width:377px; border:1px solid #1c1f20; margin:0 auto;}
.oak09a-line1 {width:351px; border-bottom:1px dotted #3c343e; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread