notes from the underground
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ Of all the people he had lost through the years, to time, space, the distance between them, he had perhaps missed her most of all. They were not bound by blood (though one might, by all means, consider them relatives), and not obligated by love. They believed in free love and hope, and together, they had once given birth to a dancing star. They had been left by the wayside by past lovers, bound by their abandonment, perhaps starting back when they were children. It didn’t matter. She came like a ghost out of the fog, like sunlight from behind a cloud. He was grinning as soon as she spoke.
_____ Both arms reached out and encompassed the girl, pulling her to him. She was a sister, a lover, a best friend. He loved her as he had loved all those lost children of the day, all bound together in a common promise. Laughing, he let her go and kept his eyes on her face, beaming as if perhaps all sorrow had indeed left this world. “My knight in shining armor,” he joked. Momentarily, his eyes darkened a shade. “I’m glad you made it here, Lancelot,” he added, the light returning.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]

Messages In This Thread