shake in the knees
[html]

Awh, thanks! <3 I think your post was fine! XD Easy for me to read!

mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

It seemed she was correct. As the nameless, rusty male followed the sweep of her arm, she could see in his blue eyes that he did not want to see what he saw. He was disgusted. Her home was different, so much more different, than the homes of those creatures who lived outside. There were no skulls to line their borders. They had no violent artists who kept up the vile decorations. Only Inferni could lay claim to the dark, doggish hands of Talitha and Cotl and pretty little Sage; only Inferni could lay claim to gruesome talent that had sent the cold message of distrust into the world. His distaste was not unusual. He admitted that the sight bothered him, and she gave a gentle nod. Of course it did. So many skulls of wolves would have shaken even the most stable foundation. Her kingdom was filled to the brim with killers, who were loved and trusted by those inside but who did not allow the touch of outsiders inside. Well, most of them did not.

The words died in his throat before he could speak them, and she almost expected him to go without complaint, but of course it wasn't so. He couldn't leave, he claimed, for he had come to her borders in search of something. He had a reason. His reason left her blood cold, crimson gaze freezing over and the false smile of her brother finding its way to the front of her features. Gabriel. He had come to meet his father, her father, Gabriel. Silence overtook the Optio as she took in the face of her half-sibling, searching for marks that would identify him as a child of the King. Maybe she did not wish to, for she found not a one.

A soft and cold laughter entered the air. "You're mistaken." Her voice was stoney. She wouldn't let another of his bastard children ruin the foothold she had in the world — already she fought for her brother's attention in regards to the disgusting brats fathered in the dog-pack. A step took her across the border, closer to the boy before her. Something feral appeared in the way she watched him. "I don't know who told you that, but they are very wrong. Gabriel only has two children; as I'm one of them, I can assure you that you are not the other. What you hope to find here, a father for your misguided life as some woman's bastard son? It isn't here for you." Each new word dropped her tone lower in her throat. She had to set the story straight before some sense of delusion entered the air; of course, would it be the boy's delusion or her own? The final words caused a change in the air. She stood straighter, she crossed her arms, she relaxed oh-so-slightly. Gabriel wouldn't get the chance to see the boy. Not while Talitha stood guard over her family.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread