The Hunter
WC:339

Saxif had felt herself nervous for one of the first times in her life. It seemed to show in her introduction. Greetings I am Saxif Goldenfeather. Our chief has sent me to you because I had hoped to become a hunter’s pupil. She lifts her head realizing how much her voice seemed to crack. She recomposed herself by taking a deep breath. She looked up at the great hunter, his body filled with a pride that so much resembled her uncle’s and father. He was truly a warrior of the hunt, was this what had her so nervous? She had not known for sure.

She was so close to finally learning hands on, not just from stories and late nights of verbal teachings from her Uncle Light. He was the closest she had to a mentor when it came to her dream. Though even he would not have broken the laws of their tribe to even let her touch the traps or leave the grounds. He had defied his Alpha only to a point, but he had also been the inspiration to Saxif’s path. Saxif would be a hunter and Nayati she hoped would be her next step toward that great dream

She was not going to show weakness from this point on she had thought. She would have to prove herself worthy to this wolf so she would do so. She straightened her posture and refilled her body with the strength and pride she so often portrayed. I wish to follow your teachings if you so choose to accept me and give proof of my value to this pack. I am slightly trained in trap building and proper placement but have yet to build one. I have versed myself in the strategies from the stories of my previous pack’s hunts. I hope though, that you oh great Nayati may show me the way to becoming a hunter like yourself. She kept her cool as her heart pounded, awaiting the answer that would either make or break her dream.

Messages In This Thread