Knock at my Door
[html]
<333 309

The grizzled creature answered her, and while he seemed receptive the leader was not very warm. Yet his words explained whatever hesitance Nayru sensed. Conor had not coming calling here. Just as he had failed to go to Cercatori d'Arte, just as he had failed to return the tokens Anathema had sent him. Nayru was not surprised to find another pack had slipped his radar, and she merely took the information in stride. "Conor Soul has left Dahlia de Mai. As to why, I cannot say though I wish I could. I can't say because I don't know. When he left he was in a frenzy. Frantic. He wouldn't give me details, only that he didn’t wish to be like his father." Crimson eyes narrowed just a bit then, she had heard stories of Haku, but this man was his half brother. Did the genes that caused the madness of Haku run in Conor? And if so, had this man too inherited it?

That was not the issue at hand, Nayru knew better than most that family relationships only defined a being as much as one allowed it. "I was his gamma, and I was the only one who could step up to alpha. And so here I am." Was that enough of an explanation? Nayru peered at the man, slowly connecting the dots. Farore had closed the gap, disclosed that she and Conor were cousins of sorts, and so what was this man to her? Did it matter what they were, aside from leaders of neighboring packs? "I've come with gifts for Phoenix Valley, if you will accept them."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread