Build me up
[html]

wc 452

His simple question, merely a courtesy reply, opened the flood gates. The details that Saxif exposed about her new home, Pripyat was surprised to hear it was a new home, were vast compared to the some trickling that he had shared with her. That she came from farther away intrigued him, it was part of Arye's appeal. They were not of Phoenix Valley, and not even of the surrounding lands. When Pripyat Soul saw Arye he saw a fictional land that existed further away than he could imagine, on some shores somewhere else, some place he could only know through her. As Saxif spoke, he sense the same kind of land, a place he would never touch foot, and yet Saxif did not make it sound so alluring. Restrictive and homogenous, was how she portrayed her home and Pripyat was for once glad to be where he was. Somewhere diverse, somewhere prolific compared to the dry, dreary place she described.

As the lady continued she turned her focus on him, and as her critical but warm eye looked him over the boy felt a sudden wave of discomfort. The ivory woman spoke about his blue eyes, and he felt his skin burning. His parents had talked of his eyes when he was a child, his sky blue to their own emerald eyes. Why hadn’t he inherited the look of envy? That Saxif complimented his eyes made him both warm and uncomfortable, and he shifted his weight, eager for the speech to continue on past him. Yet she spoke about his coat coloring and he wanted to say something, anything to make her stop speaking. Finally she came up with a new name, a new face to focus on. Leon. Pripyat didn't know this name, didn't care to, but was simply glad that the talk was off of him.

"I was born in the summer too. In a lighthouse on these shores actually. " Raven Beacon, it would always be his first home. Whenever he imagined leaving, all he had to do was picture the lighthouse and any will for wandering disappeared. "I've never been outside of Phoenix Valley actually. Well, not very far." The words came easier now, now that they had been speaking for a while, now that she wasn't focusing directly on him. "I want to leave, someday maybe, but…" But he couldn't leave his father. But his mother might come back. But Arye was here now. "but there is nowhere else for me to go I suppose." He chewed on the last of his rabbit, considering the impact of his words before he spoke them. "Do you plan on staying in Aniwaya forever?" Forever was a damn long time.

<style type="text/css">
.seadock-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.seadock b {font-weight:bold; color:#476d6d; letter-spacing:1px}
.seadock p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.seadock {margin:0 auto; background-color:#89a49e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... pbyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#314a4b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #191941; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread