Delicate Work
[html]

Hope you don't mind the slight powerplay of them walking to her den; I can just edit it out if you want. Couldn't think of much to write here so I decided to describe the setting.
WC: 388

A book, eh? Well, it was a good thing he knew how to read, even if he wasn't the best reader. "I thought you were supposed to keep books in houses?" he commented, mostly to himself. He'd have to ask Krystalle next time he saw her, or any Luperci who owned books for that matter. As far as he was concerned, the only thing Luperci put in the ground were plants, and even that didn't make sense even after Skye's explanation.

Shaking the thoughts off, he trotted forward until he was standing near her. "Lead the way!" With that he let her guide him through the trees. Though he normally would have stayed quiet, Deirdre was in such a good mood he didn't want to ruin it with an awkward silence. After a few steps, he asked, "So... what's the book about?" He was assuming that she had already scanned the page, at the very least, given her comment on the worn words.

When he stopped to give her a chance to answer, he took a quick glance around the land. Ethereal Eclipse was becoming more familiar to him than his pack's territory; sad, yes, but nonetheless true. Despite the several times he had promised he would try to meet his packmates and venture further than the places he already knew, Slade had still managed to spend most of his time away from most pack members. He still wouldn't leave Ethereal Eclipse, though a small part of him couldn't help but wonder how long it would be until he started venturing much further. It wasn't like he had any close bonds in the pack to keep him there....

Trying to ignore the negative thoughts, he tilted his head to the sky for a moment. It was light grey, possibly signaling rain later on. Great. When all he had for shelter was a measly, literally-hole-in-the-ground den, precipitation was terrible. In addition, he didn't want the rain to start coming down when he and Deirdre were still walking to her den. Oddly enough, he was the least upset about being trapped in her den once they got there. Even if it would likely be full and possibly crowded, at least he wouldn't have to wait out the storm alone. She wouldn't mind a friend over for a little while, right?

<style type="text/css">
.slade-bay b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7f90; letter-spacing:1px; }
.slade-bay .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#af7f90; }
.slade-bay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.slade-bay {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6f4166; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Xcaly.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: veranda, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d1d35; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread