Windsong
Saluce watched her with interest, taking mental notes of her instructions and he took the first dose. It was a good thing he had the wine with him because as soon as the concoction was swallowed it was followed by a healthy swig of wine his face obviously twisted in disgust. Finally he got over the shock of how terrible the herb was to taste before smiling at her drinking the wine. Her objections had almost made him sorry he had opened it. The man was generous and that was the first thing she should ever know about him.

“Don’t worry about the wine, think of it as a thank you for all the help you’ve given me so far,” he smiled pleasantly over to her before finishing his glass and refilling it. Saluce had no intentions of not finishing the bottle and if he had to, he’d take it with him. Saluce took the piece of paper and put it away in a desk beside the couch and stood at her urging for that walk along Dahlia’s borders. The wine was having its normal effect on him, making him overly generous and his next comment slipped out as innocently as he thought it.

“Now m’lady, let me give you the tour of our lands, I’m sure they will be much more beautiful with you as the center piece,” and there it was, his French suave rearing its head. He offered a hand to help her up the other juggling his wine glass like a pro. His tail still wagged behind him in an excited manner. His body language that of true gentleman even if he had just let a flirtatious comment slip his mouth, might have been good to get it out maybe. His earlier signs seemed to have been missed.

Messages In This Thread