Windsong
Those blues looked back her and the woman he saw almost broke his heart. There were many things in the world that irritated and pissed him off, but when his own mood or actions seemed to cause such a reaction, it almost made him want surround her with his powerful protective arms and tell her he was sorry. But she had made it clear that his forms of endearment where not welcome to her and he wouldn’t risk further aggravation. It seemed the two of them where finding out rather quickly certain boundaries they both had.

He took a sip of his wine glass out of habit, his blues looking around at anything but her and that cute face that drove him silly. Finally he paused a moment to finally turn to her and offer a smile to her, his tail wagging softly behind him. Those massive forearms of his separated and fell to his sides, as the tension ebbed out of him a bit. But he couldn’t help but feel a barrier between them now.

“No don’t, you have nothing to apologize for,” he wanted to sprinkle more pleasant words with his response but her last reaction to his words had taught him to hold back. “I am a blacksmith, I can make anything that I can hammer, I specialize in weapons and oddities.” Her interest in his profession had saved the day a bit, but he was now much more guarded with his words toward her.

The behemoth stepped off the porch and waited for her to join him, his new shop was just out back so it would be a quick stop before they could get on with the tour. “My shop is just right out back, Let me show you”.

Messages In This Thread