Knock at my Door
[html]
<333 345

The man’s words did not jar her, she simply shook her head and smiled as he spoke of war. " Dahlia de Mai has no interest in wars, past or future." Nayru knew that few would forget the Dahlian wars, but she would make it clear to all that they were truly over with. None who had fought in either remained in the flowered lands, and so why did they have to live with the shadows casts by demons of the past? Nayru said no more on it, letting the word die away the memories she wished would also roll over dead. Instead she turned her attention to the sack she carried with her, lifting from it the gifts she had brought for Phoenix Valley.

As with the other packs she pulled out a bottle of wine, one of the last that had been stashed away in the vineyards. Yet the grapes were growing and by mid-summer would be plump. Hopefully by then they would know how to harvest and make fresh wine from the fruits, so she had no qualms about handing the bottle away to the man. “I do not come seeking anything in return for these,” he spoke of finding something in return, but Nayru did not mind leaving empty handed, “I only wished to share some of Dahlia’s bounty with our neighbors,” with those words she pulled out the other gift, one that she had also given to Aniwaya. The pouch smelled richly of tobacco and other dried leaves, all of which she knew to be safe for inhalation. “I hope some members of the Valley has use for one or both of these.” Cherry eyes fell curiously on the man’s face as the bag of tobacco passed between them. “We grow this in Dahlia de Mai, I found it wild by our borders and now we are cultivating it.” Nayru was proud of it, even if there was no use for the stuff within the Valley borders, and her voice did not waver as she spoke to the grizzled man.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread