Build me up
[html]

WC: 577 Sorry it has been a crazy week. But I feel this has got to be my best piece yet since joining. ^_^

It had been a short while since they finished lunch before Saxif decided to speak again. The sun shone with a fierce height in the less cloud patchy sky. It had been fairly gloomy for the past days, but the sun decided to shine on them hard that day. As though to torture their paining bodies. Her tongue lolled from thirst getting only mouthfuls of cold air to dry it further. Why does it have to be sunny today? She barely remembered the summer days of her life, so she had been quite accustomed to winter in her short life. Her fur had shed as she traveled but it stayed fairly thick. Her breed was meant for long harsh winters so this humid climate was something she would take time to get use to as the days would get hotter. She kept silent after the single comment, her muscles burning from the labour. She knew it wouldn’t be long before they finished but with each toss of a board and shifting of debris left from the ravenous winter storm, time seemed to drag like an injured buffalo.

The sun had just begun to drop from its height so it had been some time before her next words. She stole glances at the silent gray wolf near her, hoping he was in a similar agony. She tried her best not to show her struggle, but figured it was failing. Her shoulder length hair kept falling to her cheeks and her golden bangs shifted over her left eye more often than usual. She figured it was a sign she was losing her proud demeanour. As she flipped the bangs of her eye for the seemingly hundredth time she huffed. Ok, I need a break. This is just becoming frustrating and I’m not one to complain but I’m thirsty and just wish this day would end. The toll of this new work upon her muscles was getting to her, she knew it would happen but figured it wouldn’t be that difficult. She also knew the first few days of this tiring grind would be tough on her body but she had no idea the first day would be so tiresome. Was it the repeated grind action on her bones or the dreaded silence that was getting to her? She did not know all she knew is she needed a moments rest and a drink of water to refocus herself. She walked away from the barn and sat upon a rock nearby. The weight lifted from her legs but it barely alleviated the prickle of micro tears upon her young muscles. She tried to remember this would make her stronger, faster, and tougher but it was rough to focus on anything but the annoyance of this task.

I always thought I had patience for menial tasks but when it doesn’t involve prey and a hearty meal after an exciting chase. I guess I just lose all patience. She laughs lightly at her break of poise, feeling oddly at ease with that fact. She wondered if her royalty like upbringing had kept her body in a state of constant stress. She looked up at the gray wolf and grinned, a grin that felt more real to her than she ever felt in her short months. She didn’t need to prove her status here, she could be whoever she wanted to be and the person she wanted to be the most was Saxif.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread