Watch Your Step
[html]

Evelyn looked slightly disappointed when Galileo said that he did not know if this place has a name or not. Maybe someone else would know? While she pondered that thought, she watched the other Luperci reach up in the tree for something, and at first it looked like a very straight stick. But then the Wood girl realized it was actually a cane. A cane? He doesn’t look that old to be carrying one around… Instead of asking, she just glanced at it, wondering what its purpose could possibly be; she thought that maybe he could have some leg injury, or perhaps it had a special meaning to Galileo. Whatever it was, Evelyn did not pester him about it, and listened as he answered her numerous questions.

“Flammable fluid?” Evelyn asked to no one in particular, just stating it for her own ears to hear. Maybe that’s the same stuff that burned down the old house… It smells like it, too, so it must be. The wolfdog had been wondering what that liquid was that accidently lit up her old home that made her travel to Nova Scotia about a week ago, and it was obviously something that the humans left behind; she knew no wolf that could make a small metal container that held fluid that could let anyone control a small flickering flame. She shook her head clear of her wandering thoughts and followed Galileo’s gaze towards where Apep went.

“I never saw a snake before, to be honest,” the girl explained, “Sorry that I assumed he was a pet, it’s just that you two seem very close, considering he wasn’t trying to bite you.” Evelyn herself tried to befriend small creatures before when she was younger, but the skittish animals would usually give her small bites that made her go crying to her mother. She smiled at that memory for a moment, but then looked surprised as Galileo pulled out a thin sword out of the cane─ so that’s why he carries that around, Evelyn thought in the back of her mind─ and wondered if he was going to skewer her for disturbing his nap and then avalanched him with questions.

But, as Galileo started to press the blade against his hand, she relaxed, and replied to his question with nervous relief from not getting shiskabobed, “No, I’ve only been here for a few days.” Then, with an awkward smile, Evelyn added in an apologetic tone while avoiding his subtle glare, “Sorry if I came off as, ah, abrasive.” Even if he did not seem hostile, it wasn’t on the girl’s agenda to start a small feud with a pack member she just met over the silliest of things, and of course pulling out a sharp weapon pointed that out─ no pun intended.

WC: 466 +3
<style>
.zero-brick p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-brick b {color:#e587a6; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zero-brick {border:1px solid #f0e1e6; font-family: georgia,serif; font-size:11px; color:#f0e1e6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#7e3c2c; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras/yard/brick.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; width:475px;margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread