[M] the places I could not see
[html]

Word Count » 443

the world shudders as the worm gets its wings

She had provoked him to madness, and she saw it too late; teeth flashed and closed around her hand before she could so much as move, and when he released her a moment later the hand was drawn to her chest, sharply pained and already seeping faint redness. Her chartreuse eyes paid it only a moments notice, her other hand holding onto it, and she peered down at him queerly, her head cocked to the side. He ranted and raved, and she bared her own teeth, fierce white against the sable of her face. Her chartreuse eyes now burned with just as much ferocity as his own, though there was something more feral in him and maybe more control in Eris, if only since she now realized she very well might be in danger if she prodded him anymore.

“Are you mad? Did you forget your place, Larkspur D'Angelo?” she said, stamping his name curtly to the end of her question. She did her best to loom over him, though even in his four-legged form he was massive, quite nearly outweighing her in her Optime form. “You don't own me, and I owe you only children, as you owe me. I don't care who you fuck, so why should you care who I fuck?” she asked, suddenly unable to keep her hardened exterior from cracking just a bit, the anger showing through plainly. Whether or not she had, it didn't matter -- he would try to dictate her actions, he had shown that plainly enough.

“Your gods can't touch us. The boy did that to himself. Or, you did it to him, even. But not your gods,” she repeated, refusing the idea that they were tainted. They were his, and they would not be tainted by her actions. They were untouchable, as was she. She drew a breath, and looked down at her hand, gazing down at it indifferently. She thrust it at him suddenly, offering it back to him with a cocked brow. A spatter of blood dripped from it and fell between them, bright and red against the pale, rocky sand.

“Clean me off,” she commanded. The blood leaked from a few shallow puncture ones there; it would hardly be enough to scar and it would not be long in healing, but it bled all the same. A faint ache had settled there in her hand, but she ignored it, instead directing her stoniest glare toward him, daring him to defy her demand. She was his leader, and she would forgive him his felony of bringing harm to her if he would only calm himself and make up for his trespass.

<style>
.eris-worms {font-family: 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-worms .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/97bll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-worms .ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-worms .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-worms .tagline {font-family:'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:22px; padding:15px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-worms p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-worms .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-worms .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:0 5px; float:left; font-size:60px;font-family: 'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif;}
.eris-worms b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-worms u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread