why do you build me u[p], buttercup?
[html]
No worries. ^^ If you need any help with the physics stuff feel free to holla and I'll see what I can do. And yeah, I'd been pretty vague about it, but this works. xD

Barrett had proven quite a handful in his childhood and it was fortunate that Maserati was always up for a challenge. She'd done her best to educate the distracted youth--and he had picked up a good number of things as if by osmosis--but he just didn't share her insatiable appetite for knowledge of distant lands or highly theoretical concepts. He'd always been more concerned with the here and now. And at this particular moment, he found himself struggling to recall his geography studies.

"Korea, hmm," he mused, incorrectly assuming "Goryeo" was some sort of town or province in the country. "That's between Australia and Russia, right?" Because that narrowed it down. As he'd known someone from Russia (Rurik) and someone else from Australia (Boomer), he'd expended slightly more effort familiarising himself with these reaches of the globe at one point or another. (It helped those countries were particularly vast and dominated a lot of space on the map, too.) But even if he couldn't pick Korea out specifically, he understood that she had come a long way. "Wow, you must've been travelling most of your life then, huh?" It was a dizzying thought.

Meanwhile, her fluid manoeuvre was equally impressive. He recognised something familiar in that grace, that disciplined determination; it reminded him a lot of both Matrix and Twilight. Their combat training was yet another area in which he'd done emphatically "okay." Barrett was a very different wolf when it came to sparring and other disputes: he became focused and austere, reactive and engaged. To say that these qualities did not translate into daily life was an understatement, where he assumed a more passive, lackadaisical manner. The Thirteens hadn't cut him any slack and it seemed likely his 180 in combat had more to do with not wanting to get his arse handed to him than aspirations of becoming a world class fighter.

Nonetheless, as she struggled to free his ensnared bag he found himself straining to make her job easier. He stood on his tiptoes and briefly considered hoisting himself up using the overhanging bough, but he worried the sudden transition from tension to slack might cause her to lose balance and fall backwards. As he spun slightly, dangling mid-air, he found his mind utterly blank--then all of a sudden, a jolt rustled the leaves above and he fell to the ground, free at last. He stood and regarded the offending vegetation with mock contempt, then turned as TaeKyung introduced herself. Though he wasn't accustomed to bowing as a means of greeting, he found himself mimicking the motion automatically. "TaeKuhng," he tried, but his tongue was fat and sloppy, unable to reproduce the more intricate aspects of the delicate sound.

When she inquired about the bag he disengaged his arms from the straps, opting to hold it by the top now instead. He'd be damned if this happened again. "Yeah, it seems alright," he remarked, still rather embarrassed by the entire situation. At her question he chuckled lightly, supposing it might seem a rather silly thing to keep around (especially when shit like this happened). "My mom gave it to me a long time ago." He undid the zipper and held up the two bundles inside, along with a handful of his personal belongings--a few dice, a pack of playing cards, some other odds and ends. "Makes carrying a bunch of things around a lot easier." A pause. "Usually." Another laugh. "I really appreciate your help, anyway," he added with a few sincere wags of his tail. "Is there some way I can repay you for the trouble?"

<style>
.barrett-traffic p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barrett-traffic b {color:#FDE77D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.barrett-traffic {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#FEF2A6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affic1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:420px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
.barrett-ooc {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#B16621; text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; border:none; width:400px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread