Could it be?
[html]

A hearty laugh pierced through the haze of play as she watched her mud ball land right on target. Looks like she still had her aim! For a brief moment, a strange thought skittered through her head... I wonder if that could be useful... but it was forgotten almost as quickly as it had come. A thing to be pondered another time.

Almost feeling bad for her brother, covered in puppies and mud as he was, she knelt down beside him and wiped some of the mud from his face before plucking the squirming Titania from his back. The pup wriggled with excitement and slipped out of Orin's hands, but only had a few inches fall. She landed unscathed and immediately joined with her sister and the new pup, not even introducing herself before trying to gang up on the smaller boy.

“Yeah, it's me,” she said, turning her gaze from her daughters once she knew they were alright. “Mostly, anyway. And these are your nieces. Who's that?” She asked as she waved to the pup. She almost felt sorry for the boy, going up against the two older girls. Once again, almost...

“I can't believe they found you before I did,” Orin mused. “I told them what to call you but I didn't really expect them to remember. They catch on fast... faster than you expect!” She glanced from the pups to her brother, and the jovial expression melted from her countenance as the reality of the moment really began to sink in. She was here... with Niro... just like before. Just like before.

“How have you been, my brother? I've missed you.” With that, she could not hold back any longer, and lunged forward despite the sopping ground, throwing her weight into him, wrapping her arms around his shoulder. It was hard to tell if the gentle trembling of her shoulders were sobs of heartache or sobs of joy.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread