I'll find strength in pain
[html]

Pulling out my first table for the fun of it. Sorry that it's a scrolling table. :/

Sky had been heading out to visit Skye's garden that morning, in hopes of planting some herbs she'd picked the day before; just a little bit of Evening Primrose, a pretty yellow flower she'd uprooted near one of the rivers in the forest. It was a good little plant for various things, completely edible and it had a nice smell to it. That was part of the reason why Sky didn't mind carrying it, potted in a little clay pot, from her house to the other side of town to Skye's. Normally, she hated moving herbs, simply because they all carried a thick, heavy scent that would linger for hours afterward. Primrose wasn't as bad and she rather liked the smell, so she'd gladly hold on to it for a little while longer.

The girl had left early in the morning, about the time the leader's pups would've been awake for feeding, in hopes of catching Skye and Bangle both awake. It was to her great surprise that nearest one of the abandoned shops she spotted a... a cart? Wagon? A horse-drawn cart and a horse... joined by a small little fellow, a pup or young adolesent by the looks of it. One she'd never seen before. Ever curious, and being the pack's only medic, she decided to swing by and check it out.

Good morning. She greeted, keeping a smile on her face despite her suspicious nature. I don't think I've ever seen you around here before. Are you new to Thornbury? She wouldn't ask him if he were part of the pack, simply because she doubted anyone with a horse and wagon would be able to bypass the ever watchful members D'Arte now had. After what had happened with Argul, everyone who'd been there were watchful, if a bit paranoid. Including Sky, who was probably the worst of anyone when it came to her paranoia and suspicion around new members.

She stood a few feet from him, maybe three, with a slightly raised tail and a somewhat dangerous gleam in her eyes, despite the kind smile and friendly tone of voice. She held that dominant stance, one she'd grown used to over the months, waiting just a bit impatiently for an answer. All the while, that dark voice in the back of her head nagged at her. He's probably not alone. Pups never are. He smells of another. Neither he nor the horse smell of the pack. They're probably intruders... chase them away! She ignored it though, reasoning that they were probably guests or new members.

<style>
.skysong p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.skysong b {font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.skysong-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 20px; padding:2px; width:280px; height:230px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.8; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #68332f;}
.skysong {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwspc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2F180E; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:0px solid #68332f; min-height:339px;}
.skysong-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#646947; text-align:right;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread