I'll find strength in pain
[html]

Daemon is sooo adorable. D: I wanna hug him.

The front door led into a hallway with two archways on either side and a staircase at the end leading up to the bedrooms. The right doorway led into the living room, where various chairs and a couch could easily be seen, the scent of a recently put-out fire indicating that there was a fireplace to be found in there also. The left doorway led into a dining room with a fine wooden table and another doorway leading into what was once a modern-looking kitchen now used for preparing food and cleaning dishes. The hallway they stood in only had a few things in it; a closet area, a nice rug, a cabinet of some kind and some very nice paintings added directly to the once off-white walls. The floors were made of wood, clearly added recently due to the smooth, unworn texture. Stains of red could be seen in some areas, suggesting something violent had happened here once before. Overall though, the place was inviting and comfortable, even if it smelt like a vet’s clinic more than a home.

When Daemon pulled back his hood and removed his mask, Sky perked an interested ear. I... didn’t realize it was so extreme. Her eyes glanced across his face, glancing at the welt there on his face for a split second. ...was that from the same incident? Her mind pondered many things, wondering mostly what had happened to him. She guessed maybe a fire, since as far as she knew, acid wasn’t readily available to most luperci societies. Then again, she could’ve been wrong.

Curiosity got the better of her and she approached slowly, keeping it cool and friendly, caring even. Gently, if he let her, she lifted a hand to ever-so-gently brush her fingers across his face, following the direction his fur would’ve gone had it not been burned away. (Assuming he allowed this...) The slightly leathery feel made her stomach twist uncomfortably. Admittedly, she’d never really dealt with such things before. Mostly she’d helped with birth and broken bones. She’d helped someone out of a coma once, but this was something entirely different. This would require tender, careful care and attention, not just a soft bed and some food and water.

A determined look flashed in her eyes, like cold fire. She brought her hand down and nodded to herself. Before her hand reached her side again, she paused to gently try and touch his neck. She paused, looking up at him for permission and to assure him she wouldn’t hurt him, then brought a second hand up and gently, though a bit firmly, feel around, checking for anything that shouldn’t have been there, or for anything missing. She couldn’t see any cut lines, so it was safe to assume that it had been the burning that had taken his voice away. That made things a bit easier... and it brought her spirits up. I can fix it. She murmured. If I can’t, I don’t deserve to be this pack’s medic. Her incentive was good for her, taking her stubborn personality and strong will into account. Sky was convinced that she could do this. All she had to do was try.

<style>
.skysong p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.skysong b {font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.skysong-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 20px; padding:2px; width:280px; height:230px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.8; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #68332f;}
.skysong {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwspc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2F180E; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:0px solid #68332f; min-height:339px;}
.skysong-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#646947; text-align:right;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread