Xoloitzcuintli character
I already read that section, and I'm aware of the danger that being in the sea (specially in the north) implies for a pup. But this is my idea. The pup's mother escapes a drowning ship with him on her arms by jumping on a lifeboat and remaining there for a while. The mother rescued a bit of food from the boat, and gives it to her pup (that's how it survived starvation), she curls around him to protect him from the cold (how it kept warm) and waited until they reached the coast. The mother dies out of starvation, but the pup, crawled to its mother, manages to survive. As for the age, i still have to figure that out. Maybe a four-month-old puppy will be able to survive all of this. So, no swimming.

As for the breed, I'm already thinking of making it a crossbreed between a hairless dog and any other crossbreed (you know, street dogs which survived until nowadays), resulting in a not-so-weak kind of hairless dog (bald crossbreeds, although not common, are possible in warm places). And i just checked, but the xolo' is not listed there, but i found out that it is somehow related to dogs like the Canaan dog or the Basenji.

Messages In This Thread