what's a world without enigma?
[html]

Word Count :: 354 Anathema, yus. Inferni before that. :3

The tawny coyote poked and prodded at the meat, turning it about the stick she had fashioned to cook it. There were a few other sparse utensils -- a pair of bowls, along with a utility knife, the edge chipped and dulled from age. Axi wouldn't be able to cause much damage with a weapon such as that, but she could chunk meat well enough, which was exactly what she had done. The sable-shaded woman nodded as Axelle spoke, her attention focused on their visitor rather than her slave.

“Ah, Anathema,” the hybrid said, her teeth cracking into a smile. The deadliness of a viper lurked in that smile, though none of her poison was directed at the bi-colored woman. Axelle had committed no offense to Eris. “I was,” she said, her tone rather somber. “But I have since departed to make my own home,” the coyote said, her smile refusing to fade from her sable-hued muzzle. Molca stood from the fire, turning toward the bowls and sliding the meat from the skewers and into the bowls with the edge of her cooking knife.

“How is the mood in my old home? No dislike for me, for leaving so abruptly?” the coyote said, inquiring quickly before their meal could be served. It wasn't good to discuss business over food, but the bi-colored woman had provided quite the opening, and Eris disliked the thought of dredging the subject back up later -- she could not afford to such a segue into the topic she'd come to discuss.

The younger slave, ever-diligent, presented her master with one of the warped earthenware bowls, turning toward Axelle and presenting her with the other. Still silent, Axi's face remained stony and impassive, unchanging and indifferent to her surroundings and even her own actions. The hybrid woman instead spoke, offering Axelle the bowl the slave clutched. “Do feel free. A guest eats before a slave,” she allowed, very nearly spitting the word slave with no small hint of distaste. Useful as they were, they were no more than mere objects, intended to serve their purpose and serve their purpose alone.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia; serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; }
#simple-text b {
letter-spacing:.5px; }
#simple-text hr {