Welcome my heart home
[html]

His way was that of the rambling tumbleweed: inherently unstable and prone to drifting whichever way the wind blew. He was already on the road at only four months of age, and—counting repeats—this was his sixth shot at making a home for himself in under two years. He only vaguely understood lives like hers—those like the mighty and patient maple, which sent down deep roots and built up from this solid foundation. Unfortunately, the worst winter winds could still rattle a tree, causing it to shed its merry leaves and all but shut down inside. No life was free of strife; but at present, his thoughts were far less poetic.

The mocha yearling first supposed she saw him down by the lake—now it became obvious this wasn't true. His ears fell back further and he halted in his advance immediately, with his gaze averted pointedly to one side. He stooped closer to the earth and shuffled his body into an uncertain sit, as if he couldn't decide whether to let her be and move along or stay and make peace. “I, er... sorry,” he apologised, “thought you'd seen me already, aha. If it makes you feel any better, you caught me by surprise, too.”

Only when she spoke a second time did he peer back, slowly and carefully. He took the liberty of slouching into a more comfortable pose, with one leg tucked in quasi-Indian style and the other sprawled more loosely in front of it. “Not sure, to be honest,” he explained, turning his gaze down to the confined creature. “Like a firefly, maybe?” he shrugged, cupping his hands around the jar. As if on cue, Helix flashed inside... but he wasn't sure she'd be able to see it from her distance, since the glow was scarcely visible in the light of day.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2ct.png),url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2cb.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat, no-repeat; border:none; padding: 65px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype',palatino,serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail2-inner {width:370px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail2-wc {text-indent:100px; font-weight:bold; line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:left;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread