In The End
[html]

Slight PP of Mars approved by J; Krystalle leaves in the same post, but I figured I might as well.

Like others, she answered the call, trying (with difficulty) to reign in the rambunctious Paz as her daughter tried to squirm away. The kid couldn't sit still, even when they were responding to their leader. Or Mars' leader. It'd been his choice to bring them to the Dahlian borders, his choice to live there, and she had simply followed. But following was not her forte. Pale pink eyes studied the faces of those who gathered, arm wrapped tightly around the wriggling bunch of brown-and-white fur that was the young Russo girl, and in silence she listened. There was a new face with that of the white-and-black leader, a man who looked similar to those from her home. Razekiel Lykoi, from Phoenix Valley.

The news did not shake the foundations of Krystalle's world as they might have shaken others, for she had only lived inside of the borders for a short period, but the news did make her frown. It was sudden, they had been secretive. What sort of leader hid such things from her people? And what sort of leader took them so far from the home they had grown used to? Into the mountains, high into the mountains, where they would be locked away from the world — it would take days to reach even the other side, and climbing mountains was no small feat.

Nayru asked if they would join her, and for a moment, Krystalle considered. One spoke, and then another and then a third, all saying they would accompany her to the mountainous prison she wanted them to hide in. But the Latin woman could not. "The mountains? Do you realize how cold it is in mountains, and how hard it is t'climb them all the time? You're movin' them to the mountains, for what? 'cause you wanna? A leader don' think of herself first, she thinks of her pack, instead'a forcin' 'em inta an ultimatum." Her father was a fair example of such a thing, but it seemed that all of the leaders she had come to see so far in this new place were self-centered and incapable. A heavy sigh escaped her jaws and she shook her head. Paz quieted at the tense edge to the woman's voice. "I can' go. I can' climb mountains, 's too much for me 'n my kids." She didn't speak for Mars (who frowned and shook his head at the very idea), but she did speak for her children. She fell silent and turned away as she moved to return to Berwick, to find her possessions and gather them up. Without a pack, they would need to find a new home, or face returning to Nakzhi alone.

<style type="text/css">
.krystallepot b {font-weight:bold; color:#943409; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #3E404E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.krystallepot-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.krystallepot p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.krystallepot {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#937C64; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... llepot.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9D8D2; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2C2723; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.krystallepot-line1 {width:380px; border-bottom:1px solid #A5FAFF; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread