Let's Begin Marking
[html]Just as a note--Esmeralda hasn't shown up in Anathema yet. At least, that's how I've been playing it all this time. I don't know if James told you any different? o: loljk, Just been informed that she was here, but has been missing for about four months. Don't mind me~ XD;

WC:503

It felt as if it had been far too long since Jackson had bumped into his half-sibling. When Jackson had first arrived here as a bumbling pup, he did his best to follow after the older boy when he had the opportunity. But as they grew, Jackson found himself spending more time with only his sister and his father, or else meandering out and about on some lonely (and grand, from a pup's perspective) adventure through the Anatheman lands. The way Scorpius seemed to spend more and more time with his mother as he grew also contributed to the fact that the younger boy hadn't seen him in a while--Jackson still did his best to avoid the snowy leader whenever he could. He may not have idolized the slightly older boy the way he once had when he was only a few months old, but that did not mean that the monochrome youth didn't look forward to spending time in his company. It was simply a rare opportunity these days.

Scorpius explained that he was working on a map of the cave system, something Jackson found to be useful, though he had never considered it before. That explained the paper in his hands, then. The older boy also mentioned that he had hoped to find their father here, much like Jackson. "Yeah, I was looking for him too. He must be out on a hunt or something." He shrugged, slipping his hands casually into the pockets of his shorts. His brother then asked how he and their father had been doing. "Good," he said with a grin. It seemed like all the boy needed was a distraction to get over his worries. "I finally learned how to shift." As if that hadn't been obvious enough, the way he'd been prancing through the caves on two legs as of late. The obviousness of it didn't stop that bit of pride from attaching to his words, however. "And Dad's the same as ever. You know how he is. How about you, huh? Haven't seen you in a while."

He nodded as Scorpius invited him to join him on his little map-making quest, following behind him as he left the family's den. "Sure, could be fun, I guess." A distraction he wanted, and a distraction he got. He watched with interest as the coal-furred wolf scribbled out areas resembling the caves onto his paper, remaining silent as he took the time to scratch beneath his mask. Jackson had never quite learned what that had been all about, chalking it up to some eccentricity on his brother's part. Cerulean eyes moved away from his half-sibling's face, instead taking the time to study the walls of the caves in the flickering firelight provided by torches placed here and there within the tunnels. "What're you making a map for, anyway?" he asked as they continued along. Jackson supposed that he could see the use in it, but he wasn't quite sure why his brother was so interested in it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread