i'd catch a grenade for you
[html]

TANTRUM METER RISING! xD

Gunnar squeaked as his mum scooped him up, holding him close and tight. However, when his mother stilled after his question, he felt a cold tingle of dread trail down his spine to his tail. Uh-oh. Stone eyes snapped over to her face and he instantly saw the scowl forming there, even before she hissed out an echo of his question. He set him down, giving him a chance to back up a bit and tuck his tail, ears back... and then off she went on a tirade of sorts.

Every word pierced him like an arrow. By the time she finished, he felt as if his chest had become a splintered target, strewn with arrows and crossbow bolts. He whined, rocking his head back and forth in obvious guilt, trying to hold back a tantrum building up in the back of his mind, out of frustration. I'm sorry, mum. I didn't mean to make you worried. He couldn't look her in the eye, but it wasn't because he was lying. It was more out of fear, that he'd break down into a whimpering whelp infront of her.

I wanted to explore a bit. He admitted, looking up at her. I was careful. I didn't go too far. He blinked, then a small smile made it to his face. An' I wasn't alone! Eclipse was with me! As if it made everything better, he wagged his tail weakly, the tip hitting against his leg a bit. She's real brave, mum! An' she's a great hunter! She caught a rabbit all by herself! He was proud of his new friend. She was pretty, smart, brave and fun.

It took him a moment, but finally the pup clued into something his mother had said. ...did you say you found us a home? He suddenly asked, cocking his head to the side and scrunching his nose a bit. I don't wanna join a pack! He yelped, smile vanishing. I don't wanna be bossed around by strangers. Because pack life was completely and totally about being bossed around by people he didn't know, as far as he was concerned... at least, at this point.

Image courtesy of Antmoose@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.GunnarThrone p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.GunnarThrone p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.GunnarThrone b {color:#607caf; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.GunnarThrone .name { width:200px; height:10px; float:right;}
.GunnarThrone {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/124dL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread