Vigilance
[html]

Sorry if I'm a bit slow, finals week and what not.

Skoll raised an eyebrow (or what passed for one amongst wolves) as the strange coyote woman spoke. What an odd way to present one's self for a first impression. She was bold, that was certain. He was bigger than her, and had obviously seen his share of trouble in the past. Still...a lot of bold coyotes came out of Inferni. Maybe it was to be expected anymore?

"I'm probably not very good for fighting," he said after a moment, his voice even but a little tired. He wasn't in the mood for a fight either, though he had trained his mind and body hard to ensure that he was always ready for one at a moment's notice. Still, there weren't a lot of opportunities to just sit down and talk to these people. This woman sounded like she echoed Kaena's sentiments, but somehow seemed less intense. Kaena, after all, hadn't told him that's how she treated wolves, she'd attempted to show him.

"My name is Skoll," he replied to her after a moment. "I'm fine to talk for a time. I don't know what a woman such as yourself would want to talk about, though." That much was true. Discussing cannibalism wasn't exactly something he could do, but he wasn't sure a coyote who bought into the Inferni creed would be interested in any of his stories, or memories of the past.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread