Heart Shaped Box
[html]
Despite all that he had learned about his father and the things that he had done, Conri still didn't think that he deserved to die. He'd never really thought that about anyone, and would have spoken up about it had it not been for the words about Laruku that she had spoken. Those words alone caused his breath to catch in his throat, mind running rampant as they repeated in his head. Had that been why Laruku was so understanding when he found out what had happened? Was that why his once-Alpha had tried to reassure him and talk a little sense in to him about getting his life on track? It was a lot to hear, a lot to take in despite it being very few words, and even though it was all mostly in the past, Conri could still hardly believe it. He hadn't ever known.

After a few moments the shock of the words wore off and she was about halfway through her next set of words before they really clicked in his head. He gave her a slow nod, though the slight frown that had taken over his features didn't go away so easily. "I know." He confirmed quietly and, while it was something that he certainly should have been thrilled about, he was, but that was not his worry. "But now I can't do as much for her as I could before. I can hardly hunt, hardly.. be with her.." He imagined Iskata would understand what he was implying. "And I'm afraid that I won't be able to protect her if I ever need to.."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread