pierce my heart and steal my soul
Iskata only smiled a weak smile and just nodded, there was nothing more either of them could say on the subject of Phoenix, either he would return or he wouldn't. Either one could happened and she didn't believe it would be the happier of the two. Turning her eyes away she tried to erase the memories of all their happiness from her mind, she didn't want to remember what they had.. it would only bring her down in the end. Looking back to the lady she watched her quietly.

The words that Deuce spoke of made her frown as her brows furrowed. She knew that Lucifier had a laid back view on mateships and commitment, that much she'd gathered from her conversation with the youthful male. Shaking her head she spoke softly. "I'm sorry Deuce.. I'll.. talk to Naniko about it.. I'm sure it's just Lucifer whispering words in her ear..." she wasn't so sure but she would seek out her daughter and find out what all this confusion was about. Deuce should have known by now that Naniko was her daughter, but Iskata didn't know if she had any realy power to help Deuce. She sat there and watched the woman run her finger across old scars as she gazed at her with concern in her eyes.

After a moment she smiled, but it was a forced one, "I think.. that all males at one point are faithless.. some even blind enough not to realize they hurt others by their selfish deeds." she shook her head and thought about Phoenix, she'd even been convinced at one point that her own mate had turned to her old friend Phasma.. it had hurt them both and in the end when Firefly had disappeared Iskata had went searching for her lost child instead of face up to the problems with her mateship and friendship. "They always break your heart no matter what you do to build walls around it.." her sad eyes turned back to Deuce as she moved closer to the woman with the bi-colored eyes.

Messages In This Thread