Old Haunts
[html]

170. Close enough.

So the cat was the keeper of the books? Giron had to rethink his strategy, as it became obvious that there was no way to avoid dealing with the feline. Well, he might as well get right down to business.
"Kato, where are the books on botany?" A moment later Giron realized his mistake. "Element. I said Element. That is just exactly what I said, Element." He eyed the cat, confident that Kat-, err, Element had not noticed the minor slip up. Even if he had, he wouldn't connect the dots, or blame it on his own hearing, or whatever cats did to explain away the unknown. Probably choke on hairballs or something.

"So Element, how exactly did you come to be the keeper of the library? I'm sure you acquired it quite fairly." Giron asked, though his tone of voice made it clear he didn't think so. Maybe he murdered the previous honest canine to use the library as a den for all sorts of despicable acts of villainy.

<style type="text/css">
.gironwater b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachooc { font-style:italic}
.gironwater p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 35px; margin:0px;}
.gironwater {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000961; background-image:url(http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5286/avatarot.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #28B3E5; padding: 185px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial; font-size:12px; color:#28B3E5; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.gironwater-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread