working on a memory
Skoll's brows furrowed, and then his eyes closed. So, that was what had been keeping him. Phoenix had found some of his progeny, but he had lost a child after all. And after finding the body of a lost child...he had been taken away. When Iskata continued speaking, it appeared that she had not lost hope. Kansas hadn't seen them kill his father...it was possible that there was still hope, though Skoll wished that he knew more of the situation, he knew that Iskata would only know what she'd been told as well.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Iskata. I haven't had a true family in a long time, so I can't say I know what pain you're feeling, but I know it must be grievous. If I see Phoenix, I will tell him." He paused for a moment, considering something. He wasn't the best at reading subtle hints, but maybe she had told him thinking that he might do something about the situation.

"How long ago did you learn about this? I'm still not in the best shape for travel, but if his assailants only have a few days' lead, and they're dragging Phoenix along, I'm sure I could catch up and be back in a few weeks..." His voice trailed off, he didn't want to leave her hope at that...he was limited, but he knew others who wouldn't be.

"If it's longer than that...I have some connections outside of the Souls' lands, fighting wolves that would be able to seek Phoenix in my stead, if it's too far ahead for me. They're good people, and quite competent." He would enlist Aivyr, Tanya and Nikolov, he imagined. The latter two were small for fighters, but when armed and together they were a force to be reckoned with. "Phoenix is a tough guy, and thoughtful enough to stay alive, especially if Moon is there with him. I think we'll both see him again, but we can help the process along if need be."

Messages In This Thread