[M] I offer you an escape
[html]
300+
I thinks this will be a long thread lol

I should not be here. The thought echoed in her mind as she stood in the entry way in the puddle that grew at her feet across the stone floor. Right were Anatoliy had left her as he rushed off to the other room. She could hear him rummaging around and recognized the sound of matches being struck before the soft glow of candle light flickered through the doorway of the kitchen. The modest home had changed significantly since she had last been here, though essentially still the same. It no longer smelled stagnant and dusty like that of any abandoned dwelling, but filled with his scent and his labors to improve the Russo home were evident even in the dim light.

He muttered something and umber eyes looked up in time to watch his large figure disappear into another room. Her eyes lingered, waiting for him to reappear, but were cast down and away as he re-emerged with a blanket in hand. She ducked her head as he tossed it over her and gave her shoulders a light rub."Thank you." She said rather quietly as for a brief moment she looked up to meet his handsome golden eyes. His smile bringing a similar soft expression to her face. It was hard to resist the urge to reach out for him. To place the soft golden hue of her hand on his arm or touch her nose gently under his chin. Any small gesture to show some small sign of the affection and love that still beat in her heart. But such a thing was dangerous and she was both thankful and disappointed as he quickly returned to the kitchen.

With the blanket clasped around her, she finally gave into the urge to shake herself and drive the moisture away from her skin and fur into the confines of the blanket. Then began the rubbing. She started at her head, working her way down and was still working on squeezing the water from her mane when he called from the kitchen. "I'm fine, thanks." She lied. Her stomach grumbling its own complaint at the thought of food. She simply didn't want to be anymore of a burden than she ready was.

She was surprised at how casual he seemed, as if nothing had happened, nothing had changed. At the beach she had thought the air had been thick with tension, but perhaps it had only been the storm or only her own feelings. She should be happy for him, she knew that. Happy that he was doing so well for himself without her in his life and yet her heart ached to think that maybe he had already moved on. And then there was the boat..he was leaving. Surely he was, wasn't he? Her rubbing slowed as the depressing thought settled over her mind and weighted her down. She didn't even have the courage to ask; afraid that he would confirm her thoughts.

<style type="text/css">
.anannmount b {font-weight:normal; color:#b2b2b5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#1d2529 0px 0px 3px; }
.anannmount .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 25px 10px 25px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#cfd8da; text-align:center; text-shadow:#04050b 0px 1px 1px;}
.anannmount p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anannmount {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#2f4961; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nBKRr.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/yo1x6.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d2529; padding: 155px 0px 80px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#608ab2; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread