from the edge
[html]
mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

He smiled at her foolish notion that Ezekiel would be forever hers, but she tried not to see past it. Somewhere inside the russet princess, she knew — she could only offer so much without crossing into a world tha would have her wholly rejected by the golden Aquila. Her love for her brother was recognized by the de le Poer, yet it was something she'd tried to move past. Ezekiel could only love her less. Losing her own emotions was an attempt to save her heart from disappointment, but her fantasy continued on that Ezekiel would only ever be hers. It hid the truth. Ezekiel, like so many others, would leave her behind even if only in the realm of emotion.

Her mood improved at the comparison between herself and Ezekiel to Gabriel and Corona — her favored aunt. Of course, she wondered silently who resembled who? Physically, it was obvious. Internally, if she truly thought, was obvious enough as well. She resembled her broken, Shadowed father. Ezekiel, while strong and intelligent, did not seem as dark. Regardless, she tried to smile. "I miss her. I could talk to her. There's so few people I can talk to now." She couldn't talk to Gabriel, not as deeply, lest she reveal the secrets that would tarnish her further.

His pride confused her as she watched his golden eyes study her before returning to her own crimson gaze, but she was relieved that it was not disappointment. If he believed in her, then she was determined to do well, but she wondered if she was capable. "It had to happen sometime." Her words referenced both her age, as well as the loose standards she expected her father knew she had. Andrezej had ruined what might have been a stable heir with greedy, hurtful fingers that were still often felt by the maturing woman. Still, she felt it was her fault that she was incapable of 'getting over it'. "I'm sorry. For how...difficult I am to spend time with. And for how wrong." Things she wasn't truly able to control.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread