working on a memory
OOC:
Ah...he was trying to talk about the situation with Souls in general, my bad for misunderstanding, I thought she was shifting the conversation to like..."wow, all my friends are far away now" rather than still about Phoenix. >.<

IC:
"You're welcome to anything I can do to help, Iskata," he said softly. "I think we will see Phoenix again, I know that his family is the most important thing in his life. Back when I first returned to Bleeding Souls from my last misadventure, he denied me re-entry to Storm after being threatened by Gabriel and Fatin." He said this knowing that she may not have heard it. Those discussions had been made in private.

"He took my side in all that mess, but his concern for justice and for friends came second to the security of his family. I know that those two may tell you different, but I only became a part of Storm again after things had settled down, and after he decided that my life was in danger if I remained as a lone wolf, and that his family was longer was at risk for my being there." That was the truth. It had been Phoenix's idea that he rejoin, but he had decided against it, deciding that he would be better off without any political ties. Later, Phoenix sought him out to revoke the invitation, because of threats made by Inferni with the full support of Jaded Shadows. It had only been a long while later when, sleep-deprived from his nightmares of the wars and his spiritual encounters, he had failed to detect enemies approaching and nearly died as a result that Phoenix had asked him to come back to Storm.

Messages In This Thread