Frozen in the headlights
[html]
WC: 400+
YAAAAYYYY!

“Capitana?” She arched a brow and looked at Shawchert. “Not Secondo?”

There was confusion in her eyes, but it was obvious that she was working through this news. She knew that Skye would make a fine alpha but the fact that Shawchert wasn't the leader any more worried her, for Shawchert's sake. What had happened? Why had he stepped down? Or maybe he hadn't stepped down, perhaps he was stripped of his title. It could have been the stress of what happened. Maybe, inside, he wasn't the same man anymore. Or perhaps he did not lose his title completely; this could be an interim rank trade. There were so many possibilities, and so many questions she could ask.

Recovering quickly from the shock, Orin blinked and nodded, her blank expression quickly becoming grateful of Skye's words. “Thank you, Skye, it means a lot to me.” Her words were pure truth. In a way, Orin could have been seen as a betrayer of the pack. In her time of need instead of depending on the pack for survival as any pack-wolf would have, Orin ran. She had taken two puppies from the pack. Sure, they were her puppies, but she had still deserted with no word, and the children were of the leader's blood. It was unliekly that the folk of Cercatori d'Arte viewed it this way, but Orin still weighed that possibility. At least now she knew that she was not a vagrant in the eyes of two people who mattered the most.

“I don't know what's become of this old place,” she motioned to the building nearest to her. “But I think I won't be resuming my old duties there. The girls and I will be checking out the Treetop Terrace with Shawchert.” Then as a joking aside to Skye, though still loud enough for Shawchert to hear, she said, “but between you and me, he still thinks like a man. I'm not exactly sure how smart it will be to have these two there.” Finally relaxing a bit more, Orin winked at the both of them. She was sure that somehow this new place Shawchert offered would make a wonderful home, but the mother in her still had to be skeptical until she could see it for herself.

“So, have there been any big changes while I was gone?” She quickly looked apologetic as the elephant settled in next to her. “Except... the obvious. Okay, no, wait, what I mean to say is...” She had to just ask, hopefully they would respect her straightforwardness. “What happened?” She looked back and forth between the two as she hinted toward the ranks.

<style>
.orinflamingos p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.orinflamingos b {color:#E27196; font-size:12px;}
.orinflamingos {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E93AC; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:480px; background-color:#E1E7EE; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #6D85A1; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /orin2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread