{M} - if looks could kill, she'd be in jail.
[html]
I'm really sorry about the wait. T_T My muse gets really cranky after major IC changes x.x

“Sure do,” he replied, his baritone voice smooth as silk. “You'll have to hit me up in southeastern Halifax sometime; whole joint's pretty chill, I think you'd like it,” he added casually, stealing a friendly glance at her youthful face. And he genuinely believed it—Hilsburn only grew more magnificent by the day. The vast swarths of marijuana and poppy plants were only the beginning. Alae's aromatherapy and incense plants painted an olfactory landscape as spectacular as the sight of countless blossoms swarmed by vibrant butterflies in the day, or the iridescent green flicker of fireflies and snails at night. The only deficient area was the garage's interior—this was something he would remedy, as soon as he found the damn time.

But right now, he was hardly in a rush. He was thoroughly enjoying himself—and that was true even before the effects of the drug took hold. Given his recent track record, one might be tempted to write him off as indiscriminate when it came to women. So long as his blood ran saturated with testosterone, this would always be somewhat true—and yet... there was no real spark with Ghita or Naniko; he enjoyed their company, yes, but there was no long term potential. There was no romance. Something about Sage was different.

Even her horse seemed mirthful and kind; the cream and tan beast breezed closer to them and Barrett shifted forward slightly to get a better look. “It's almost like he's painted,” he murmured quietly, leaning back maybe an inch closer to her from where he had started. It was a subconscious manoeuvre, and his appreciative gaze stayed on the stallion. His colouration was much more unique than Viggo or Magic's; he wondered what other patterns the animals came in.

As for Helix? “I think it's like a firefly... probably,” he trailed off with a shrug. “Got more of these guys in Halifax, too,” he added, dreamily putting the creature aside. The high had crept up on him, and now his head buzzed with the rhythmic hum of the evening and his own haphazard thoughts. He wiped his hands in the grass as Helix went back to feeding, then turned his focus to the setting sun... all while stealing glances at her from the corner of his eye. He could see a sunset any clear day, and though he certainly hoped to see her again, he wasn't going to take the present opportunity for granted.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-zen {margin:0 auto; border:0; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-zen b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-zen p {text-indent:35px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-zen .ooc {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; border-bottom:1px dotted rgba(0,0,0,0.3); font-size:10px; line-height:11px;opacity:0.5;filter: alpha(opacity=50) ;}
.barrett-zen .ooc .wc{opacity:0.5;filter: alpha(opacity=50) ;}
.barrett-zen .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;border-bottom:1px dotted rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread