You have to learn to face it all
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.maritlala {padding:15px; line-height:1.3em;}
.maritlala p {font-family:geneva, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1em;}
.maritlala b {font-family:tahoma;}
</style>

Awww. At the same time that I wish Claudius would grow a little bit stronger, I wish he would just stay a broken, because he's so cute XD

Claudius was a quiet one, and as a boy he had been the same. From what he could remember, Claudius the child had been at his most expressive when he yelped in misery at one of his siblings' pranks, or had the misfortune of hurting himself. It was like he was a shy boy's image of Noir; a bit clumsy in his social interactions, but while Noir had been bubbly and could not care less if her social interaction was crippled at best, Claudius was so much more introvert, and noticed it all too well. Dawali would wager a lot that it was the noticing part that was the caus of his social awkwardness. He said nothing of it, though. Perhaps another time.

He listened as Claudius' discomfort became more and more obvious by the second, as he tried his best to explain his feelings to the much older male. Dawali was used to the male's stuttering from his childhood, but it became increasingly difficult to understand him as the male's discomfort grew. It could very well be another thing that could be attributed to his apparent lack of faith in himself; right then it seemed like it, at least. As the Aston male had finished, Dawali simply looked at him for a moment. He tried to weigh his words, but it was difficult; he did not know the male as well as he'd like. "Tell me, Claudius; is it your fault that my leg is injured? Did your mother ever speak Cherokee?" The answers were no. How could Claudius learn Cherokee if nobody spoke it? Dawali hardly spoke it himself, aside from in his own prayers. "I rarely flaunt my skills with cloth. My mother considered it a woman's chore, and I was sometimes laughed at for it. But I like the things I can make, and it soothes my mind to watch my fingers move and create colored patterns." His sisters had laughed at him until he bonked one of them on the head and reminded them he was a boy. And then, when he became a medic, he suddenly had a good excuse to know how to work cloth; what good is a poultice if you have no bandage? Claudius had not wronged, here. If anything, Dawali should have paid him more visits, and much, much sooner than now. "Don't assume that all errors originate from you, Claudius, and you will find that others are oftentimes more flawed than yourself." It had been embarrassing to have his sisters tease him, but in the end it was they who had erred, picking on someone learning a useful skill.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread