And I swear that I don't have a gun
[[Poem by me. lol]]

He drank down the bottle as she threaded the needle. It was just oridnary thread, the same kind she'd used on Phoenix and Physe. The same she'd used on herself on more than one occasion. Plain black thrad. She waited a few moments for the liquor to take effect, then pushed the needle into the males skin. Her movements were quick and efficiant, no surfeit of movement.

They had much in common, though they didn't know it. Haku had single handedly started a war between Dahlia lands and Inferni. Deuce had lost her first son, Shadow, to Inferni. In a gruesome and painful way, and thus had also miscarried the pups she'd been pregnant with. That had been the first crack in the doomed mateship, she supposed.

While she mused, she absently rambled on. She'd found over time that the mre she talked, the more relaxed her patients were. Haku was being treated to poetry. Deuce had recently discovered several tomes of poetry and had been reading like mad. It helped to ease the pain.

this is one of my favorites...

Dreams we keep
Locked up inside...
Daring them to come outside,
Only to see them die.

Dreams we keep
At night, by our side
Within them, a message hides
The hope never dies...

Dreams we keep...
Not knowing why...
When everyone lies....
And the dreams can only cry...

As she talked, she continued to stitch, tiny, storng stitches. The wound wasn't fresh enough to be able to promise no scarring. She would do her best, but she couldn't promise. She finsihed the stitches and pulled out her ointment made of goldenroot, willow, and other assorted herbs. She began slatehering it on, finishing the last verse of the poem.

Dreams we keep...
She laid curled in a ball
Protecting herself from it all
Watching her innocence die...

Why do we keep dreams...

...when all they do is lie?

She finished bandaging with a deft movement. She touched Haku's cheek. That will help with the bleeding and pain. She chuckled softly then. I never told you. My name is Deuce Rhiannon.

Messages In This Thread