Trade all my tomorrows for yesterdays
[html]

Anann did expect him to understand, not immediately. It was her own fault, for she had told him little of her life before the court. She would have, had he ever asked, but he had not. Besides she had never known how she would explain this to him. She was scared and for months, even before Keese showed up, she had worried that the weakness of her lineage would push him away from her. So she struggled now to let it sink in slowly. To put it bluntly would be to hefty of a blow, for both of them and Anann did not think she could speak the words anyway.

She had expected his confusion, but his accusations cut deeply at her. She knew he had not met them as she received them, but that did not dull the pain. A large paw came to rest near her head on his thigh as she used the leg to push herself away from him and sat up. "Not by choice." Her tone still heavy and bitter as she practically growled the words. Her head was low and tucked as she turned it away from him. "I never knew my mother. She died. Just moments before I was born, the last of my litter, my mother died." It was easier to speak of the Harleigh before her than herself, of the mother she had never known in life. Anann could not be sure of her own fate, for she did not believe in superstitions of her bloodline that she had been taught. But she knew their history. "It was the same with her mother. It has always been that way." The siblings did not seem to be affected, just the golden child. Always the last to be born. Always the smallest of the litter, though that changed with time.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly23 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8b755f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000a17; }
.freebjuly23 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly23 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000a17; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Qzux1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 120px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#555a62; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000a17; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly23 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly23 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread