time sli[p]ped away, like sand between our fingers
[html]

Naniko was glad to have her sister Pontiac around. The puppysitter had her work cut out for her with the newest D'Angelo brood; if they weren't eating, they were squeaking annoyingly or going to the bathroom everywhere. Normally she just took care of things, cleaned up or shoved a teat into their mouths to shut them up for a while, but occasionally it got to be a little stressful and she would go and take a nice run or go off to hunt for a short time. During those times, Pontiac was very useful. Naniko enjoyed seeing any member doing their pack duties...but Pontiac was especially helpful to her specifically during this time and she was grateful for it.

The unshifted leader moved swiftly through the brush of the valley in pursuit of a slow rabbit, ears perking up at the sound of a nearby howl. Who was at their borders now? She hadn't been out to them for several days...it'd be nice to go and check things out. Pontiac could wait just a little longer to leave, hopefully. Naniko began to pad toward the area from which the howl had originated, four paws moving her quickly and easily through forests that she knew like the back of her own paw.

When she arrived on the scene, she faced a confusing picture. Ravesque was here, large and looming...but there was another wolf as well. She had never meant for the two to ever meet each other and had, in fact, been hoping to avoid it altogether. "I...well, hello, Barrett. Were you coming here to visit like I'd mentioned?" It was obvious that Naniko was no longer carrying pups, her belly less swollen than before. "And I suppose you'd want to see the children?"

This she had no problem with, really. The only fear that she had was that he might ask to take them back to Crimson Dreams with him. Naniko would never allow such a thing - and if she had to, she would use the power of the pack to drive the male out if he would not take no for an answer. The fear was irrational and she wasn't certain exactly why the thought hung on in her brain...but it did. "Thank you for greeting him, Ravesque. Pontiac is watching the little ones...I wanted to get out and stretch my legs a bit"

<style>
.James-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.James-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.James-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#be8e77; text-shadow:#dcdcdc 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.James-K-01 {background-color:#f9f8f6; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:460px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8578/jam11.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 147px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .James-K-01-border {width:462px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread