-M- Beat me at my own game
((WC:3+ *snuggles Shaw*))

The words made Tal's face burn, his eyes narrowing. "She hasn't taken you back," he retorted, "Or she would have told me. She thinks more of me than you seem to think. And as far as Sky is concerned, you did break up, so I have every right to be here, even more so than you do." The smaller male had stepped up, poking Shaw in the chest with a finger to emphasize his words. An outsider would see this tableau as the mouse taunting the lion, but Tal didn't care about size or brawn.

Tal loved Sky, wanted to be with her forever. He knew she felt the same, even if she hadn't quite come out and said it. He stood toe to toe with the larger male now, his fists again balled, claws biting into his tender hands, hands that rarely saw hard work. He was a scholar, not a warrior, not a laborer. Yet, here he was, ready to throw down with the obviously seasoned male. Tal had admired the male, envied the male. That didn't matter now. What mattered now was the beautiful woman inside that house, the pearl inside the oyster.

Tal was no fool, he knew he wasn't a warrior. However, he knew that he was smaller and lighter on his toes than the larger Shaw. He needed to make the first move in a fight, to strike hard and fast, and to stay out of Shaw's reach. If the larger stronger male got a hold of him, it was over. Sparring with Jaz came back to him in bits and pieces. True, that had been in Lupus form, not Optime, but he was sure the same principles applied. His hackles stood, a growl rumbling deep in his chest. It wouldn't take much more to push the male into a fighting rage.

Messages In This Thread