Change is Hard
[html]

NO! I'm sorry THIS took so long. BLAH. 582.

Jaden spoke and he, at least, seemed unfazed by the move. Perhaps it was that he, unlike many of the others, had not had the time to become invested in Dahlia de Mai. Yet there had been none more invested in Dahlia de Mai as Nayru, who thought of herself only as a vessel meant for the betterment of the pack and its members. It was simply because she truly thought it best for her members to make the move. Slowly the once Dahlians too were beginning to see that, and for this she was grateful. High up in the mountains not only were they protected, they could find peace. They could shed their past sins and start fresh, together with the Valley members.

The Valley members it seemed had a harder time to adjust to the move. Nayru did not blame them or resent them for this, but merely sympathized and wished there was more she could do to ease the stress of their move. Their leader had left them, and while Nayru would follow Razekiel to the ends of the earth, and in many ways already had, she knew the Valley members had not reason to feel a similar trust with the overly joyous man. To them he was little more than a stranger, but that too, in time would hopefully be resolved. They were a large group, but they were a family, and one by one all would come to realize this truth.

"Yes, your brothers and sisters are quite busy. We all are." And the energy would die down eventually and they would all find the time to greet one another properly. Nayru had patience enough until that day came. "I myself wish for more time to acquaint myself with those I know not quite as well. In time I suppose." And with that traced an idle finger in the dirt, her hands now bored without her dinner to hold onto. When Jaden spoke again Nayru lifted her eyes to meet the man's compliments. That he called her a fine leader was both pleasing but strange. Still she thought of herself beneath them all, a servant for the pack. And yet, she was one half of their leadership, and this she had to acknowledge from time to time.

Before she could speak words of humility and thankfulness, the warrior spoke again and his question intrigued her. He felt he was not contributing? And then a conversation she had once held with Conor returned to her. The man had seen fit to make her his sub-leader, and yet the young girl had felt that nothing she did was quite good enough. Eventually she had had to learn that contributions came in many different forms and sometimes her own were unrecognizable to herself. Jaden too was perhaps blind in this area. "Jaden, a leader if nothing without members worth leading." And always she would put them before she put herself. " There is not one soul in Ichika who does not belong here. We are all are here for one reason or another, and we are all falling into our own role whether we realize it or not." And then a slight pause, before her shy smile appeared and she turned the table on the man. "What makes a great pack? That perhaps it the question we need to answer to answer your own." Ruby eyes lit up, as the lady clearly waited for the man's sage words on greatness.

<style type="text/css">
.spintree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.spintree b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a5959; letter-spacing:1px}
.spintree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.spintree {margin:0 auto; background-color:#342c2a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... ubyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746d66; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread