Friends are flowers in life's garden.
((wc: 3+))

He turned, giving the pallid woman a strange look. The expression on his face was a combination of doubt and confusion with a liberal dose of 'what the Hell?' thrown in for good measure. His ears remained pressed back, though his gaze sought her own. Her face was in her hands, and he immediately felt guilty for even leaving the house. He spoke softly, confusion laced through his voice.

"Shaw didn't tell you about the fight, did he?" For some reason this amused the male. He actually chuckled at the idea of Orin feeling the fight was her fault. His voice was amused now as he spoke, his tail wagging briefly. "Orin, I threw the first punch, not Shaw. I'm not proud of it or anything, he was saying some pretty mean things. But I started the fight. I deserve every cut and bruise on my body, and more. Frankly, I'm lucky he didn't pulverize me."

He laughed again. "If that's all you feel bad about is thinking you caused this, don't. I brought it on myself." He glanced at the pumpkin seeds, wanting to help her with them. Hopefully the awkwardness would be dispelled by his honest answer so he could give her a hand.

He shuffled his feet, feeling shy like a kid. "Can you forgive me for beating up the father of your pups?" He'd heard the rumors that she'd taken up residence with Shaw. He didn't know the full relationship, he wouldn't assume it either. Assumptions were insidious things, causing issues every which way. He'd assumed Sky would allow him to court her without letting other males interfere. Obviously that was wrong, if what Shaw had said was true. He wanted to find Sky, to ask, but... he didn't want to end up with a broken heart.

Messages In This Thread