Friends are flowers in life's garden.
[html]

Her fingers formed a V and she risked peeking a single golden eye at Tal, and was surprised to see that he didn’t seem very upset. Huh? She dropped her hands and looked at him, blinking with marked confusion. Why not? His tail was twitching merrily, almost like a wolf’s version of laughter, though he wasn’t gloating or anything. She cocked her head to the side, ears perking up as he talked.

“No, I haven’t seen him in a couple days,” she admitted. Was he avoiding her? She was pretty sure that they had just both been busy, but now that she thought about it she wondered if Shawchert was afraid to tell her about the fight, or more importantly that he had lost.

Wait, what?!

Her eyes narrowed and her innocent face turned nasty in a nanosecond. “You did WHAT?!” Her hands dropped to her side and balled up into fists. She stalked over to him, each footfall pounding the ground. Even though the cuts and bruises were minimal, Orin had just assumed the outcome of the fight. It turns out she had been wrong.

“Did you just say you beat up the father of my children?!” Even though she was over a foot shorter than the man, she still drew herself up in front of him, and then had the gall to poke him in the chest with a dainty index finger. Even though they weren’t together, messing with Shawchert still counted as messing with her family. What if he’d hurt him really badly? How could she ever tell her daughters that their father had been hurt by another pack member? Never mind the fact that, just a couple weeks ago, Orin was trying to provoke Shawchert into fighting the man.

Her eyes flicked from his face to where she jabbed at him, her countenance illegible for a few long seconds. Then she burst into laughter. “Wait wait wait! You beat up Shawchert? You?” She wiggled her finger, so rudely poking at his chest a few more times. How did this pipsqueak get into a scrap with Shawchert and come out the victor? It wasn’t so much that Tal looked incompetent, but the size difference between the men was nothing to snub your nose at. “Oh, I’m never letting him live that one down. I guess that’s why I hear Sky likes you so much.”

She was laughing so hard she could barely control herself. The hand that had been prodding at Tal now went to her side as her mirth shot a stitch up it. She wiped away a tear forming in the corner of her eye.

“Ahh…” she sighed, working to calm down. “Yes, I’d be happy to forgive you for ‘beating him up.’ Will you forgive me for laughing about it?” If it hadn’t been so funny she might have felt a little bad. First she’d told Shawchert to fight a man she didn’t even know, then she got mad at Tal for participating when it actually came down to blows, and now she probably insulted his masculinity. What a piece of work. But still, the thought of big old Shawchert getting taken down by a man so much shorter than him was hilarious to her.

“So,” if she wasn’t covered in ivory downy she might have been flushed from laughing. She bent down and snatched the pouch of seeds. “Any idea how to grow pumpkins?”

#500+

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread