Bullet in the Barrel
[html]

Word Count » +

He did not have to wait long. Larkspur came quickly, a darker shadow than those cast around him. The man's grizzled grey maw and glowing orange eyes stood out enough that poisonous olive did not have long to search. At the sight of that submissive jack-o-lantern gaze, some of the tension and irritability faded from within Sirius. Something about the Arbiter was reassuring to the Thistle King - his dependability, perhaps. Maybe the fact that he had saved the monarch's life. Maybe, he had been keenly aware of Salsola's sudden vulnerability without the mammoth male around. Whatever it was, Larkspur was greeted with a low growl-like purr of contentment, a rare sound from the usually detached, slick ruler.

When predatorial pumpkin gaze lingered on the pouch clasped in his hands, Sirius instinctively stiffened, strangely protective of the bundle. His posture remained stiff as the D'Angelo male rubbed under bearded muzzle in greeting - Silently claiming the small bag and its cheeping contents, his body language warning the larger male subconsciously to leave the small wool-lined bag untouched.

However, a toothy grin welcomed the Arbiter back to his home soil, black lips lifting away charmingly from glistening yellow daggers. "Larkspur. I am glad to see your safe return - Unharmed," he added the last bit with a flash of the previous irritability, recalling Itachi's slight injury as he spoke. The slaves had been entrusted to his Protege, however, and no blame would be placed for their misgivings on the broad and ox-strong shoulders of the D'Angelo man.

Finding his spirits lifted surprisingly by the meeting with Larkspur's son, and now the behemoth himself, Sirius stepped lithely toward the well-hidden stables, trusting Larkspur to fall in step alongside him. "I am keen to see the bounty of our trade. I trust you've done well?" Acidic eyes slid sidelong to soak in the larger male's expression. He paused at the barn entry, waiting to be shown to the goods.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.siritxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.siritxt b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread