one morning fair
[html]

hiiii! Big Grin

word count // 280

The sandy-furred female continued to stare at the sparkling waters in front of her, trying her best to discern which of the glittering light reflections came from the sun on the water and which came from something else, like a fish. It occurred to her that fishing wasn't exactly her specialty. Others in her birth pack had enjoyed fishing, and Vimala herself liked the taste of the aquatic creature, but she wasn't particularly sure how to catch one, let alone three. Golden-brown eyes darted around, searching the water before her, and she didn't even notice the other female approaching until she spoke.

Vimala turned to the stranger and offered her a smile. "Hello," she echoed. The unfamiliar wolfess seemed to have already figured out that Vimala was here to do an initiation task--it was then that she remembered that another Ichikan was supposed to help her out. "Oh, I'm fishing! I was told to catch three fish and present them to other pack members. Would you be interested in joining me?" She turned back to the water momentarily, before remembering that she hadn't introduced herself. "My name is Vimala, by the way. I just recently joined Ichika. I already quite like it here." Though she was curious to learn about her new packmate, she refrained from questioning her at the moment. Between getting to know her new surroundings and packmates and completing her task, there seemed to be an awful lot going on at once in Vimala's mind, a rather unusual feeling. Until now, she needed only to follow her nomadic brethren and help them survive; now she could set her own goals, and she was both excited and nervous.

Image courtesy of johnnymyrenghenriksen@Flickr; table by Silver with some code bits nabbed from The Mentors and Sie.

<style type="text/css">
.vi-as b {font-weight:bold; color:#D18D17; letter-spacing:0px; }
.vi-as .ooc { padding:0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-style:italic;}
.vi-as .wc { padding:0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #000000; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:0px; margin:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-align:right;}
.vi-as p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; color:#000000;}
.vi-as { margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#8A583D; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2ni6yi0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2B1C01; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread