Bullet in the Barrel
[html]

Word Count » 3+

The parcel was carefully deposited in the D'Angelo man's large, padded palms. For a moment, gaze lingered on it - Waiting until another Tangelo cheep reassured him that the chick within had settled itself. Larkspur seemed well aware of his alpha's desire for the safety of the hatchling - His large frame looked almost comical, so carefully cradling the pouch in hugely-clawed hands.

A smile twitched at the corner of black lips, but barely, before his attention returned to the mare. She was a delightful creature, strongly build with the long legs of a graceful runner. Gentle eyes watched the luperci as he moved about her head, gently blowing on flared pink-tinged nostrils, allowing the mare to catch his own scent. She seemed well used to the presence of this sometimes-hunters, obedient to each tug of the halter as the Thistle King slowly moved her about in an absent circle.

The dapples on her haunches appealed to him, as did those on the hide of the mare he had taken from the D'Angelo's sister. However, this creature was far more splendid, with her silvery appearance. It was as though moonlight itself had been fashioned into a steed, with flowing mane and tail and perfectly arched neck. Sirius was entranced. "She is mine," He said, in a low tone so as not to spook the creature, "I have given your son the stallion - He passed his rites, and is an adult, now." Fiercely intelligent eyes darted to the Arbiter, keen to see his reaction to such news, before continuing. "Once the others have foaled, you will breed her, yes? Her handsomeness appeals to me, and I would like to see it in her offspring," He mused, clucking to the mare so that she turned to face him.

"Chiaro di luna," Came the King's silky tones towards his newest beloved toy, an amused smile spreading as the mare's cupped ears flicked eagerly towards his voice. "Light of the moon, Arbiter. Yes, you have done well. Very well, indeed," Abruptly, he turned, those poisonous sights trailing the other man thoughtfully a moment. "Have you a reward in mind for yourself, man?" The strange charm to his tone suggested nothing. Perhaps it would please Siri to reward such loyalty.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.siritxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.siritxt b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread