A Voice on the Wind
[html]

PM me if you don’t like this and I will change it... Words-300+

Jaden watched Gemma answer his question with in a hollow state. It was as if the cuts on her hadn’t even registered until the man had pointed them out. The smell of her blood from those wounds was overpowering to a point that Jaden had missed the tell tail sent of pregnancy on her completely. He took another step toward the fae after she seemed to accept his approach by telling him her name. “Jaden Ohanzee,” he answered quietly with a slight nod. The man was bigger than Gemma by a noticeable amount but he meant no harm in getting closer. His movements were slow and as non-threatening as they could possibly have been.

Before he made his next move though, Jaden wondered why. Why was he going to touch her? Why did he suddenly need to so dreadfully? Because she was injured and he wanted to know how badly, that was the simplest answer even if it was a lie. With those slow and steady motions, the Shishen reached out palm up and gingerly took one of the other’s claws.

But their touch didn’t cure any of the loneliness he had felt for what seemed to be an eternity, like he had hoped. Turning the dainty claw over in his he lightly traced scratches with a finger pad and took in the incredible contrast between his black and her soft, bloodied white fur. It felt wrong. They shouldn’t have been so close and Jaden realized that suddenly, but before he could become embarrassed and release her the tinge on her fur struck him.

Gemma was a mother. Dark blue eyes suddenly darted from the bloodied palm to her slightly bulged belly and he paused. The women’s story of loss suddenly took on a whole new key and Jaden felt a flicker of anger at what ever spineless male would have left his pregnant mate. But he couldn’t change anything himself and that was obvious. So after glancing at her belly the man looked up at Gemma’s coyote features. “I’m sorry,” was all he said in the quiet night. Whether it was for her situation or for what he felt to have been an inappropriate move in touching the vulnerable fae, Jaden wasn’t all to sure himself but he felt it might be a good idea to release her.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread