one morning fair
[html]

fwaaaaahhhh sorry for the delay and derpy post; busy week at college + traveling for the holiday weekend = distracted silver!

word count // 257

"It's nice to meet you, Arye," Vimala replied politely and with a smile. Already everyone here seemed so kind and friendly. Her new packmate admitted to not being overly accomplished at fishing, and Vimala nodded. "I'm not the best at it either. Hopefully we can both learn something from this." That was probably why such tasks were assigned, to help the members learn and grow. Vimala was suddenly distracted by something in the water and looked down, still listening to Arye's words.

At the suggestion of looking for shadows rather than the shimmer of scales, Vimala looked up. "Oh, I didn't think of that! Thank you, that's probably a good idea." Then Arye mentioned shallower water, which Vimala honestly wasn't sure where to find. "Do you know of any place with shallower or clearer water? I'm sure you know the packlands better than I do." She was eager to listen and learn from Arye, knowing that with the two of them working together, it would be much easier to accomplish the task. She would also be glad to learn her way around the territory, even just a small portion of it. It was a strange feeling, having a central location where she would be staying now as opposed to her previous nomadic lifestyle, and the bit of wanderlust that was left in her needed to be satisfied by learning the lay of the land. For now, though, she could settle for just mentally noting the layout of the shore as she and Arye continued in their teamwork.

Image courtesy of johnnymyrenghenriksen@Flickr; table by Silver with some code bits nabbed from The Mentors and Sie.

<style type="text/css">
.vi-as b {font-weight:bold; color:#D18D17; letter-spacing:0px; }
.vi-as .ooc { padding:0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-style:italic;}
.vi-as .wc { padding:0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #000000; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:0px; margin:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-align:right;}
.vi-as p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; color:#000000;}
.vi-as { margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#8A583D; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2ni6yi0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2B1C01; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread