How loud are the drums of war
[html]

WC: 333. Omg, I'm so sorry you two! You could have continued on without me, seeing as I let this thread slip :d

Her howl was heart-wrenching as it took to the air, and even as it died down, Giselle still called out. "H-hello? Anyone? Oh, help us, please!" Small hands were cupped around her mouth as 'Elle cried out, feeling tears threaten again on the corners of her eyes. The slightest glint of the moon in the sky would betray the water that pooled in her eyes and nearly burst from their containment. As if they had been heard, a red blur came running towards them, and Giselle ushered a small gasp and took a step back, surprised. When the blur stopped, the ivory princess blinked and a stray tear rolled down her face, but was delighted all the same to see a member of the Court.

Despite everything that was going on - the war, the chill in the air, the scent of fear and blood that Pixie and she had run away from - Giselle smiled and curtsied. Then she clasped her hands together and brought them to her chest, as if thanking the gods for the woman's arrival. "Oh, thank you," she muttered under her breath. Wiping the single tear away, she looked from Amaranth to Pixie, and hadn't noticed until now that the other Dreamer girl stood next to her. Her heart still raced as it had upon their journey there.

'Elle cleared her throat, fighting back tears. "I-I'm Giselle, and this is Pixie," she stated, flushing with embarrassment to introduce the female next to her. But tonight, of all nights, formality had been ripped away and tossed over the mountains, like the setting sun. "We're very sorry to call upon you like this, Amaranth... but.. Crimson Dreams, our home, it's... it's under...." With every word, the young woman's words were quieter, until she could not finish her sentence. Tears began to flow freely, then, as they had upon their ride there. Giselle's hands were brought to her face and covered her eyes, feeling the fur on her fingers dampen quickly.

<style>
.txtsparkle .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.txtsparkle p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px;text-indent:25px;}
.txtsparkle b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.txtsparkle .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.txtsparkle{background-color:transparent; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/rbbOA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; }
.txtsparkle .inner {margin:0px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:none; border:0px solid #9aada6;padding:40px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread