To cross the sea
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 450px; border: #666666 1px solid;">

Her next thread's in Dampwoods. Or do we just keep a common map?

It felt strange to remember him as he was before the crossing. In her eyes, some resolve had hardened in him that night. He was no fool and he knew what she was, and yet he had accepted her, in his life and in his bed. He'd been so shy and clumsy it was endearing. While she did not have enough experience to compare him against many, she did have to admit that sometimes, when they had been parted for several days, she had taken on lovers in exchange for information. They had been brutal, quick, flash moments of passion. Styx was slow and languid, like syrup, or some sort of stardust, coating her in it. She faintly wondered if others would be able to see it in her, the love she held for him.

Ah, yes I forget you can't hold your ground against a feather. Her tone was light and playful and it was only around him that she allowed herself such tenderness. She came to stand next to him, taller and stronger but oddly humble and her paw found his shoulder, her nose nuzzled into his neck. I know that journey wasn't to your liking. But thank you for coming with me. A flash and she could almost remember nibbling his ear to see his expression turn dazed. But no time for that now.

Hel raised her head and sniffed the air. Too close to the sea to smell anything here but sand and wet flotsam and jetsam. They would need to be more inland. One paw went to her strap to hold it, something she saw as necessary despite the security of the knapsack on her back and she bent quickly to retrieve her bow. She would need time, to fashion arrows and a fishing line. But for now they had weapons should they get attacked. We go inland and find a place to set up camp. I'll hunt something for us. It was almost flawless, the way they would settle into their roles. She would scout and hunt and protect. Styx would set up camp and make sure they were watertight. Hel knew he turned to her to leadership. She wondered if he knew she turned to him for love.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread