One team invasion.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 400px;">
Bwahaha, I'm so stealing first-hand experiences from larping last summer. It rained 90% of the weekend I was out camping without modern equipment. The mud around the firepit was at least four or five inches deep by the end of it.

It was a pale wolf that stepped out into view; her colouration was similar to his own, except that where he was grey, she was tan. He'd barely opened his mouth to ask who she was, however, before she started laying into him, obviously upset about their fire. He spared a glance down at it. It was a good fireplace. He'd dug a pit and lined it with stones, and he'd cleared the area around it. He wasn't stupid, and it wasn't so dry that there was risk for a fire -- rather the opposite, actually. The ground was wet, and he'd had to lay out fir branches under their blankets to keep them relatively dry. So really, her accusations were, in Styx's eyes, entirely unfounded.

It won't spread, he said relatively calmly once she was quiet long enough for him to get a few words in edgewise. I've been quite careful, and it's not so dry that the fire would spread across mud.

With a gesture, he indicated the ground around the fire, where indeed his paw-prints were deep, the earth mostly mud now that he'd removed the underbrush.

So, if you're through criticizing my wilderness survival skills... Actually, the only survival skills he really had past the level of amateur was the setting and maintaining of their campsite. Perhaps you'd like to tell me who you are?

Indeed, Hel would surely be proud of him for standing his ground. Then for a moment, his ears twitched hesitantly as he thought of something else. Would she be jealous? Would she think, if she came back and found a strange female's scent in the camp, that he'd been cheating on her? No, surely she couldn't. There'd be none of this one's scent on him, that much he'd make sure.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread