I see the moon and the moon sees me...
[html]

Words - 300+

Jaden listened respectfully to the stranger speak. Toby was dog indeed, a species of which the Ichikan had only met once before on one of the bloody errands that used to be a regular practice. As he remembered, the other he had met was female and not nearly as big as Toby. She was tough though. Even after his Uva Atka carved and poisoned arrow had met her unsuspecting chest, she had put up enough of a fight to sink her teeth into Jaden’s thick fur while he kneeled over her and prayed for her sinful soul to pass quickly.

The kill was a memory, but not a pride filled one. None of the kills he remembered were. He didn’t even read into the memory as far as he could have in order to judge Toby. That life was a blur, like a nightmare that had been overly enjoyable until he awoke to find the conditions of a kinder world. To compare anything to the past didn’t seem to fit well with reality.

“Then you are luckier than I,” said Jaden in response to Toby’s slightly odd comment. “The moon only ever silently listens for me,” he returned the other man’s calm smile. “Jaden Ohanzee. It’s nice to meet you Toby. I’m out enjoying the sea tonight. She is comforting and, unlike the moon, is always singing a song of her own I can listen to.” The crimson bellied wolf looked out on the small waves slowly running up the soft sand and watched as stars danced side by side with the moon off the waters calm and distant surface.

Bringing his gaze back onto Toby with his friendly smile still displayed he inquired about the man, “What of you? The song you sung wasn’t particularly happy. Perhaps you have come seeking a home and a pack? What business, if any, do you have here with Ichika?”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread